Sunday, January 29, 2017

Im too old for this

i honestly can not believe i have become that person, you know, the one who is constantly staring at their cell phone waiting for a text from "that" person. I am honestly too old for this. i have allowed this new generation to break my communication skills down. and believe me, my skills were already rather weak.

here i am, a nearly 50 year old woman who has a crush (crush, seriously? i feel dumb for even saying that!) on an older gentleman and all we have is a texting relationship. ya ya, there has been a date here and there with a few kisses but that is about it. I mean come on, what is this that we have going on. it is the daily niceties..."good night" "how is your day going" and then the good ol' "good night" with a cheesey emoticon. Seriously, has everyone lost the way to communicate like human beings?

It is like the constant state of limbo. Did i mention that this has been going on for six flippin months?!?! Well, it has and i am not sure what to do from here? Hell, like i said, i am almost 50...I'm too old for this!

When is the right time to ask the other person, where is this "thing" we have going...going?

Ugh, i am way too old for this! I just want to have a partner in crime and live the rest of my years in happy communicative bliss. Is that really too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment